Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Setfree xX
Admin

PostSubject: SIM Gaming 101**   Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:10 pm

SIM Gaming 101!!
**DISCLAIMER RULES SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION**

Welcome to Madden Champions Lgue!!

SIM, basically means play the game like you see it on Sundays, everyone's interpretation of what's seen varies, so are rules are designed to support conservative types, as well as more aggressive coaches as both exist in real life also.

Some in game decisions can be justified by what we see on Sundays, however week to week, there are things that we see on Sundays that don't always transfer over to the actual video game itself due to programming, bugs, glitches, etc.

If you have to ask yourself if it's SIM odds are it's not.

4th Down and Fake Punts/FG's-

4th and 1 or less inside your opponents territory from the 35 yard line to the Goal-Line in your opponents territory you may go for it, NO RESTRICTIONS IN THIS SCENARIO.

Down 14 or more in the 2nd quarter under two minutes you may go for it.

Down 21 or more in the 3rd quarter you may go for it.

Down 14 or more in the 4th quarter you may go for it.

In situations that do not meet the mentioned requirement use good judgement. (That's why saving your coaches call is important)

Two Point Conversions- Will be allowed, with a limit of TWO ATTEMPTS PER GAME. In the event you are looking to tie the game (Example: down 12-14 after the TD), this will not count towards your two allowed attempts.

**Coach's Call** At any point in the game on 4th down you may choose to go for it regardless your position on the field. LIMIT ONE PER GAME.

Fake FG's and Punts-Lets face it, they are apart of the game so they will be available. LIMIT ONE PER GAME, this is also considered your ‘Coaches Call’

Game-play-

1)No shift blitzing (shifting LB's left to right or manually moving up and down towards the Line Of Scrimmage CONTINUOUSLY UNTIL THE BALL IS SNAPPED to confuse O-Line A.I. at the snap, whether via the entire LB group or via user control).

1-No "Fag Defense" basically 10 men in coverage with a "QB Spy" (A minimum of a THREE MAN pass rush is required-AT ALL TIMES)

2-No quick snapping to bullet pass to a slot receiver or TE immediately after the snap "streak hot route/seams" pass to the TE aka "Hot Potato"

3-DO NOT spam the ''spin'' button as a ball-carrier

4-The QB Sneak is banned from league use PERIOD (GOAL LINE FORMATION), as is the FB Dive in ANY situation 1yd or less while the QB is under center.

5-DO NOT manually re-position players on FG/Punt Coverage

6-We DO NOT allow the play maker feature to be used, AT ALL. (Manually re-routing receivers after rolling out)

7-Milking the clock/Chew the Clock feature are NOT ALLOWED, unless 2 mins before the half, and final 4 minutes of the game. *More on this see (No Huddle)*

8-Swerving with the LS as the ball carrier is not allowed, if you're looking to make move, or cutback behind the LOS a ball carrier move is mandatory, as well as in the open field to avoid a tackle.

SIM Food For Thought-

*Drop-backs. QBs are only allowed to drop back 5-10 yards during pass plays (except when under immediate duress by the defense). This rule is in place to prevent the popular tactic of dropping your QB deep to allow your WRs time to break free from defensive coverage. If you need to extend a play scramble and if nothing's there take the sack or throw it away.[/b]

Mix up your play calls run/pass/formations/personnel groupings- This adds to the competitiveness of the game, as well as the integrity of our league.

Matching up personnel is fine (base offense vs base defense, or nickel and dime vs the spread)

In an effort to promote, and encourage the MCL SIM standard "any Dime, 3-2-6, 1-3-7, Quarters, or any other defense with 6 DB's.’’ is NOT ALLOWED, unless it is 3 WR or more.

This is similar to how we restrict the use of Goal Line formation outside of 1 yard or less, or inside the 5 yard lines. We are doing the same, as this is not a realistic defense to call vs the run and it’s been proven to be unrealistically effective defending the run in Madden.

Each user builds their team to suit their personnel as well as their preference in offensive or defensive philosophy.

Whether it's a spread passing attack, or three yards and a cloud of dust; to an aggressive man blitz to a conservative bend don't break zone scheme.

HB Flat Passes-We're not saying you can't throw to your HB in the flats, but when your HB has 10,15+ receptions in the flats in a game something's wrong.

Motioning WR's/TE's/HB's-These things are completely fine, just make sure that your motioned player comes to a COMPLETE stop and that the defender in trail gets an opportunity to reset his position on passing plays, (obviously this does not apply to the Auto-Motion Plays). This also applies to motioning HB's out of the backfield as well.

If you're motioning a player for the run to gain additional blocking the motioned player must be clear the Tackle’s or Tight End's "outside" shoulder at the snap. DO NOT snap the ball while the motioned player is in the backfield.

QB Rollouts-Rolling out is a part of football, but it only happens when the play calls for a bootleg, or the pocket breaks down and the QB has to buy time or scramble for a gain...no one should be hiking and darting to the sideline...on that note this also applies to WR Screens and HB Screens, do not roll out to one side, and try to throw a screen pass back to the other.

**With the addition of option based play-calling mix it up, no teams QB should exceed 25% of their teams carries (Season Total as games can vary weekly in the amount of carries received).

Manually repositioning players on defense is something we DO NOT allow. You may move the player you are manually controlling all you like.

If you would like to reposition other players use the tools that are included in the game (LB/D-Line/Coverage shifs/Show blitz etc.) If you're in man defense and your match-ups are miss-aligned you can use ("X" + RT) to reverse your play and that should fix the issue.

If it does not you may adjust, but do not use manual adjustments to try to over-load a gap to try to set up a nano blitz.

Goal Line Formation-Can only be used in short yardage situations, 1 yard or less, or inside the five yard line where there are no restrictions.

No Huddle- IT SHOULD NEVER BE USED AS A BASE OFFENSE, please reserve it's use for 2 minutes left in the half, down 21 or more in the 3rd, and 14 or more in the 4th. Mixing in a play once or twice is allowed, but use it sparingly.

If you’re WINING by 21 or more in the third, or 14 or more in the 4th you may use ‘chew the clock’. This matches up with 4th down attempts/hurry up offense rules for trailing teams, so this should be fair to both sides.

Substitutions- ALL FORMATION SUB PACKAGES "IN-GAME" CAN BE USED via the Right-Stick.
Manual Depth Chart Substitutions allowed: If it's not listed it’s not allowed.

*TE allowed to go to WR (4th or lower on depth chart only)

*FS/SS allowed to go to CB (3rd or lower on depth chart only)

*HB allowed to go to FB (EXCLUDING FB DIVE PLAYS)

*FB allowed to go to HB

*HB allowed to go to WR (4th or lower on depth chart only)

*FB allowed to go to TE

*TE allowed to go to FB (EXCLUDING FB DIVE PLAYS)

*All Linebacker, D-Line, and O-Line groups are interchangeable as well as FS & SS

*If your intent is to transition an older DB (32 or older) to FS/SS his rating must increase to make the transition (This must be submitted and approved by league staff via PM). Aside from lateral moves (Inside the CURRENT position group) WE DO NOT ALLOW POSITION CHANGES.

With all that being said, as always I appreciate the time you spent to review this, if any changes occur to the guidelines you will all be notified. With that being said I look forward to seeing you all on the field.

Last edited by Setfree xX on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 am; edited 62 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://maddenchampionslgue.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:51 am

Read and Accept
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 pm

Situations came up where people blew out cpu and then a rule was put in place because of this. It it being dealt with. Thank you for your concern
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 pm

Im all about realism in this man. Just noticed two teams had scored 90+ on my team when it was CPU. Glad to hear it was taken care of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:08 pm

No problem man. Anytime you see somthing that looks werid like that dont hesitate to ever saying anything. Im all about realism too.
Back to top Go down
Setfree xX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:54 am

Boo ya! Ty Smiles.

MCL 10-SBC II  king

MCL 11-SBC II, III (PS), and V  king

MCL 12-SBC II  king

MCL 13-SBC I, II (PS), III, IV, and V  king

MCL 14-SBC VI  king

MCL 15-SBC IV  king

MCL 16-SBC IV, I, II (PS), III (PS)  king

MCL 17-SBC I (PS), II, III, IV (PS), V  king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Setfree xX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Everyone there have been some updates to the rules, please familiarize yourself with the updates. They have this next to them > *UPDATE 4-6-10*

MCL 10-SBC II  king

MCL 12-SBC II  king

MCL 14-SBC VI  king

MCL 15-SBC IV  king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 am

agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Never agreed but now i am
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:04 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Read and Accepted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:58 pm

read and accepted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:44 pm

read and agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Tue May 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Read and Agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Sun May 09, 2010 3:29 pm

1)No shift blitzing (shifting LB's left to right to confuse O-Line A.I. at the snap)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Mon May 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Read and Accepted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ive read sim rules eg1980   Sat May 15, 2010 10:36 am

ive read the sim rules
Back to top Go down
Setfree xX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Sun May 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey guys we've updated the rules this is the newest entry. If you have any questions please feel free to PM one of our commissioners.

Setfree xX wrote:
*UPDATED 5/16/10*
Manually repositioning players on defense is something we DO NOT allow. You may move the player you are manually controlling all you like. If you would like to reposition other players use the tools that are included in the game (LB/D-Line/Coverage shifs/Show blitz etc.)

MCL 10-SBC II  king

MCL 12-SBC II  king

MCL 14-SBC VI  king

MCL 15-SBC IV  king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Sun May 16, 2010 8:44 pm

i accept
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Sun May 23, 2010 12:56 pm

i agree, now if I can just have my trade points updated, so I can wheel and deal before the draft.
Back to top Go down
buffalo309

PostSubject: Sim 101   Sun May 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Read And Accepted

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:33 am

read and agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:54 am

I would like to create a new rule

"if you want to play in a different jersey as a home team you must send a msg to your opponent so you don't play white vs white"

that was terrible, 22 white spots on the field...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Yeah. I mean basically home team should ALWAYS get to decide. If they wanna wear all white then visitor has to wear darks. What kills me is when dumbasses who are the visiting team try to wear a dark jersey or something lol. Basically on team select screen I think visitor just goes opposite of colors home team decides on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIM Gaming 101**   

Back to top Go down

SIM Gaming 101**
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next