CalendarCalendar

Share | 

League/Forum Participation and TCP**

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Setfree xX
Admin

PostSubject: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 pm

First I want to thank everyone who's been using the forum to it's full benefit, scheduling games, team news, etc. it's user like this that keep our staff motivated to try and run one of the best Madden OLF's around. So again thank you.

One thing that plagues many OLF's and even the NFL is owners losing interest or tanking games once they are out of the playoffs. We don't want that attitude around here, every game DOES matter. That's why moving forward with Season 2 TCP will work as follows (may change). Every four games (played consecutively) as it is now will count as 2 TCP (16 games=8 TCP), and for every 25 posts you recieve 1 additional TCP. Now this is where the change is, TCP will no longer carry over, it will reset to 0. Each new season's TCP balance is solely based on your participation level in the league the previous year.

Think of it as a rewards system for playing your full schedule (extenuating circumstances are always considered as the game is not our lives), but basically you play your games and are active on the forums you maintain your ability to improve your team via trade, if you miss games well you could see how your trading power can quickly become impacted.

The league rules will be updated in the off-season.

MCL 10-SBC II  king

MCL 11-SBC II, III (PS), and V  king

MCL 12-SBC II  king

MCL 13-SBC I, II (PS), III, IV, and V  king

MCL 14-SBC VI  king

MCL 15-SBC IV  king

MCL 16-SBC IV, I, II (PS), III (PS)  king

MCL 17-SBC I (PS), II, III, IV (PS), V  king

Last edited by Setfree xX on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://maddenchampionslgue.forumotion.com
Setfree xX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:00 pm

I see several views on this topic, but no sign-offs. We need to know you're aware of this adjustment.

MCL 10-SBC II  king

MCL 12-SBC II  king

MCL 14-SBC VI  king

MCL 15-SBC IV  king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Agreed... What about the new owners which came in towards the end of the season? Many of these owners are taking over bad teams. It doesn't seem fair to me that they in all likelihood would start season 2 with 0 TCP. I think they should be able to start with at least 7 TCP, same as any new owner to the league, so that they are on an even playing field. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Setfree xX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:34 pm

mallshousejr wrote:
Agreed... What about the new owners which came in towards the end of the season? Many of these owners are taking over bad teams. It doesn't seem fair to me that they in all likelihood would start season 2 with 0 TCP. I think they should be able to start with at least 7 TCP, same as any new owner to the league, so that they are on an even playing field. Just a thought.

We already accounted for that, this TCP change will be taking effect to begin next off-season. So the TCP earned this past season (season 1) or the TCP that was not used still fall under the original rule (carry over). In essence season three's TCP balance for everyone will be determined by their participation in season two.

I apologize if the original post was not clear.

MCL 10-SBC II  king

MCL 12-SBC II  king

MCL 14-SBC VI  king

MCL 15-SBC IV  king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:52 pm

accept
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Setfree xX wrote:
mallshousejr wrote:

We already accounted for that, this TCP change will be taking effect to begin next off-season. So the TCP earned this past season (season 1) or the TCP that was not used still fall under the original rule (carry over). In essence season three's TCP balance for everyone will be determined by their participation in season two.

I apologize if the original post was not clear.

Gotcha...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Word
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:28 pm

All right I got it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:02 am

Accept
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:20 pm

accept
Back to top Go down
Longshot23

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:25 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:26 pm

OK... maybe i'm missing something.... Why is it a good thing that our TCP point get reset to 0...rather than keeping to points from the last season...or did i miss read it??
Back to top Go down
Setfree xX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:56 pm

SEFnificent2 wrote:
OK... maybe i'm missing something.... Why is it a good thing that our TCP point get reset to 0...rather than keeping to points from the last season...or did i miss read it??

The maximum TCP balance is set @ 10. I believe you misread, your TCP balance is dictated by your league/forum participation. That's the only difference, even with the reset to by playing all your games and being active you can reach the 10 TCP mark fairly easy.

Before you could miss 3-4 games and still earn 6-7 TCP, when users who played all their games only gained 8. Thats not fair to those who make it a priority to play every game, even if they're out of the playoffs. This way if a guys misses 3-4 games he's looking at gaining 2-6 TCP depending on the gaps between consecutive games.

MCL 10-SBC II  king

MCL 12-SBC II  king

MCL 14-SBC VI  king

MCL 15-SBC IV  king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:43 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Setfree xX wrote:
SEFnificent2 wrote:

The maximum TCP balance is set @ 10. I believe you misread, your TCP balance is dictated by your league/forum participation. That's the only difference, even with the reset to by playing all your games and being active you can reach the 10 TCP mark fairly easy.

Before you could miss 3-4 games and still earn 6-7 TCP, when users who played all their games only gained 8. Thats not fair to those who make it a priority to play every game, even if they're out of the playoffs. This way if a guys misses 3-4 games he's looking at gaining 2-6 TCP depending on the gaps between consecutive games.

ooh ok...agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:49 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
Setfree xX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Just wanted to bump this fellas, re-read the first post. Also the playoff/off-season schedule should be up in the following days. Be advised if all games that have playoff implications are played we will advance early, so if you want to make sure you get your TCP for games, and not have it reset here at the seasons end be sure to schedule your games here on the site so I can see you being pro-active, and get them in early, especially vs the CPU we will not hesitate or feel bad for any simmed games down the stretch as we do not want the pace to slow down @ the beginning of the real season.

MCL 10-SBC II  king

MCL 12-SBC II  king

MCL 14-SBC VI  king

MCL 15-SBC IV  king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 pm

DENVER BRONCOS - jwood6785

I accept
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Agree and accept
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:03 pm

Accepted
Back to top Go down
MINN LUKE 28

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:26 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
MINN LUKE 28

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 am

Read
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League/Forum Participation and TCP**   

Back to top Go down

League/Forum Participation and TCP**
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1